Why the Title, "Bits of Glass"?

Have you ever looked through the "wrong" end of a kaleidoscope? This backward view shows nothing but bits of glass.  However, when you look through the "right" end, the reflection of light through those same bits and pieces creates spectacular, beautiful, colorful patterns. 

 All around me are bits and pieces of the beautiful, colorful life I thought I would have. Dreams of a happily-ever-after marriage ended in betrayal and divorce. Visions of my young son's future vanished in an instant in a horrific accident. Hopes for "normal" teenage years for my daughters were interrupted when first one daughter and then the other was diagnosed with a chronic movement disorder. It is sometimes tempting to see these shattered pieces as ugly and broken. 

Like the bits of glass in a kaleidoscope, the broken pieces of my life result in beauty when held up to the Light. Through God's mercy and grace, I see how He has met betrayal with faithfulness. Through His compassion, I have learned that He gives joy in the midst of sorrow. Through His strength, I have learned to depend on Him and to trust Him with the health and well-being of my children.



 " And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28 NIV





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thirty-two?

No Smell of Fire

Mowing in the Dark